Hey Friends, I traveled to Florida for two weeks and made a capsule wardrobe of 13 pieces for 14 days. So you can call it a 13×14 but I did wear the same outfit during travel days so you can call it a 13×13?
Before going a my two week trip I made an itinerary and list of outfits to match it. After planning it all out here is what came to life.
I picked 13 pieces in total 2 outwear, 3 tops, 3 bottoms, 2 one pieces, and 2 shoes. This is not including sleep wear.
|Blue Tank Top||B&W Pants||B&W Converse|
|Romper||Yellow Tank Top||Demin Shorts||Barefoot Sandals|
|B&W Striped |
I did it for two weeks, 14 days in total.
Here is what the rest of my packing list looked like
- Sleeping Tee
- Blue Tank Top
- Yellow Tank Top
- Black and White Striped Tank Top
- Blue Pull on Pants
- Denim Shorts
- Black and White Pants
- One pieces
- Green Dress
- Outer Wear
- Chakam Cardi
- Base Layer
- Sweat Pants
- Bathing Suit
- No Show Socks
- Toiletry Bag
- 7 Undies
- 2 Bras
- Reusable Pads
- Travel Towel
- Laundry Bag
Craft bag (wip):
- Ribbed Beanie
- Crafting Essentials
- Travel Wallet
- $20 in Cash
- Protein bars
- Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer
- Reusable Straw
- Wireless Earbuds
- Small Lock
- House Keys
- Three Handkerchiefs
- Sport Watch
- Water Bottle
Here are the different ways I mixed and matched my outfits.
Here’s what I liked about my packing list and what I didn’t like as well as how I could have made it better.
What I liked about my packing list:
- C port adapter – I used the C port adapter on the wall plug for my laptop and was able to charge my Phone
- One wall plug to charge everything – I have a block wall charger that has 4 usb slots but I opted to bring a wall charger with only one usb port, and it worked perfectly
- Extra set of clothes – I almost didn’t bring this because I didn’t want to overpack but it turns out that I needed the extra top and bottom so I was grateful to have it
- Just a backpack – Some of the flights were full and they started checking roller bags but I got to get on with my backpack because it was a backpack.
Should have brought:
- Long sleeved pjs, a Light weight sweater, and Long warm socks – winter in Florida
- Collapsible bag instead of the tote – I went to the beach and it would have been nice to have a day pack or something with a zipper
- Less underwear – since I was staying in one place I can wash one and dry it every day
- A white tee shirt – I just wanted to wear something that wasn’t clinging to my torso
- My diy Hair spray – my hair was so dry
What I should not have brought:
- Crackers – They were a great to travel with because they got crushed during transit
- More than 2 hair ties – I had way too many and it made me careless as to where I left them.
- My day pack instead of my travel backpack – For just a two week trip a regular backpack would do and when I got back I packed everything into the day pack and it fit. I guess my travel backpack is more of a two week + travel bag.
This Travel Capsule went really well. It was rather cold for Florida but all in all I packed light and had everything I needed. Perhaps next time I’ll be better at checking the weather.