Hi friends. Did you ever want a template of what to pack for any trip? I do! I LOVE templates. They just make life so much easier. Here is the packing template I use whenever I am going on a trip. Whether it’s Road Tripping, Hiking, or an international trip, this list is my go-to. I remove any items I don’t need and I’m left with a list of things from essentials to just in case items depending on the weather.
I am joyful. I have abundance. I have peace.
^I also fill in the above section. It helps me know how to plan for my outfits below and know what to expect weather-wise.
I love planning out outfits and making a capsule wardrobe for when I travel.
It helps me not to overpack.
- White Tee Shirt + Blue Jeans + Converse
- Top + Bottom + Shoes
After deciding on what outfits you want to bring the next thing is to pick what you want to pack them in. As well as a smaller bag to bring with you.
- Small Shoulder Bag or a Bum Pack – For exploring your destination.
- Back Pack – This is a very sturdy bag. I did a weekend camping trip with it and I had plenty of room left after packing all that I needed.
- Travel Backpack – Packed with compression cube there is no short term adventure that I can’t conquer.
- Compression Cubes – Life saver and space saver.
- Collapsible Bag – Always great to bring and you can use it as a day pack.
Things to pack in personal item
- Wallet Holder
- $20 in Cash
- Snacks; apples, nuts, chocolate, sandwich, etc
- Neck Pillow
- Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer
- Reusable Straw
- Three Handkerchief
- Water Resistant Watch
- Water Bottle / Stainless Steel Bottle
- Small Lock
- Sim Card
Things to pack in Carry On
- Hoodies / Sweater
- Base Layers
- I write all the tops I’m bringing here
- I write all the bottoms I’m bringing here
- One pieces
- I write all the dresses and rompers I’m bringing here
- Lounge/Sleep/Workout Wear
- Sleeping Tee
- Bathing suit
- Sweat Pants
- Fuzzy Socks
- Calf socks
- Glasses + Case + Eyeglass Strap
- Hair Tie
- Pen + Journal
- A Visor
- Carabiner Clips
- Collapsible Tote
- Foldable Raincoat
- Head Lamp
- Portable Utensils
- Collapsible Bowl
- Toiletry Bag
- Coconut Oil
- Bar Soap packed in a sandwich bag or wrapped in a Handkerchief
- Reusable Pads
- Body Exfoliating Cloth
- Sleep Oil
- Sleep Cap
- Travel Towel
- Laundry Bag
- Bug Spray
- Body Wipes
- Wash Cloth
- Phone Cord + Wall Charger
- Power Bank + Cord
- Kindle + Cord
- Wireless Ear Buds
- Headphones + Case
- Laptop + Charger + Case
I always have this section on my list since I travel with yarn
- Whatever I’m working on or want to bring…
- Crafting Essentials
Want more information?
I’ve also included some guides and other items to give you more ideas.
Daily Travel Bag Essentials
Minimalist Packing List – Winter
What to pack in a carry on for a multi-week, multi-climate, multi-activity trip
How I Plan My Solo Trips | Choosing Destinations, Creating Itineraries, Travel Hacks
Carry on Luggage
Anti-theft shoulder Bag
Rose Water Face Mist
Microfiber Face Cloth
Reusable Lint Roller
Bamboo Long Sleeve
Safe Sound Personal Alarm
Multi-purpose Rfid Blocking Travel Passport Wallet
Travel-in-Style Pocket Scarf
Travel Pocket Scarf with Inflatable Pillow
Disclaimer: These are the things I find work for me when I am going on a trip. Feel free to use this list as a template for your own travels, add or subtract as you please 🙂
If you don’t see one of your travel must-haves on this list, please tell me about it in the comments below.
Banner picture by Emanuela Picone
Last Updated: 04/04/2022
Read More: Traveling Tips | Road Trip Essentials | Travel Resources
No comment yet, add your voice below!