I’ve always heard Creole spoken around me when I was young. Creole is the first language of my parents and most of my siblings. Unfortunately, speaking it doesn’t come easy to me, because whenever someone speaks to me in Creole, I tend always to respond in English. I made this video because I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could make it through the whole day only speaking Creole.
After making this video I realized that I need to work on my pronunciation as well as my enunciation. I’m really bad at it at the moment.
My Sunday Routine
- Bible Study
- Digital Decluttering
- Time with Friends
- Relax; knitting, crocheting, watching something, or reading.
- Cleaning my space; putting laundry away and everything else back in it’s place
Doing these things help me recharge and start the week fresh and ready to go.
I learned while going through this journey was,
- To slow done when I’m speaking and really say the words.
- Some words just do not translate.
- Practice, practice, practice, even if you have no one to practice with you can still just speak it out loud.
- Remember to have fun. You are doing this to get better not get it perfect…at least for now.
I hope you enjoy this video. It was really fun to make. It felt really good to speak Creole again. Maybe I’ll do this sometime again in the future. Thank you for watching and reading. Please be gentle with me in the comments!
Read More: Morning Routine | Evening Routine | California | More Vlogs
No comment yet, add your voice below!