My cousin and I went to The Getty Museum.
Here’s what you need to know:
- 17985 Pacific Coast Highway Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
- Open 10 am–5 pm
- Parking is $20; $15 after 3 pm
- But get there before 3pm because there’s so much to see!
- Some of the pieces are outside along the courtyard so dress appropriately for the season
- There’s an outdoor garden
- They have a room in the museum for kids to enjoy
After parking you line up at a trolley station that will take you all the way to the top of the hill where the entrance of the museum is.
Once you get in you can choice to receive a complementary headset in the lobby where you can view the first pieces.
Walked through the court yard
And checked out the pieces in the outdoor areas.
We went inside one of the building and check out the art pieces
This bust had a very defined nose.
The piece to the left had an amazing texture which wasn’t done often in those days.
The piece to the right had a lovely face.
At the balcony you can view LA. There are even maps that show what you are looking at.
This is what cold and tired looks like.
They had this fountain in front of one of the buildings.
We were there at the month of December so the Christmas lights were up.
In closing this was a really fun trip. Although we were there for 2 hours we only saw about ⅓ of the museum. Get there early to enjoy all that this museum has to offer!